Shift Team Leader
12-hour shifts, rotating 4 on 4 off (days/nights, average 42 hours per week)
Established in 1993, Accrol Papers Ltd is one of Europe’s largest independent soft tissue converters with manufacturing capacity in excess of over 100,000 tonnes per annum.
We manufacture a wide range of household paper products from our purpose-built production facility in Lancashire. Paper products including Toilet Rolls, Kitchen Towels and Facial Tissues are manufactured to the highest levels of quality in brands and private labels utilising the latest technological advancements.
Accrol Papers Leyland is a modern tissue converting facility employing over 100 colleagues to support the operation of production lines, warehousing and offices.
We Challenge - We Are Honest – We Add Value - We Deliver
The Shift Team Leader leads and motivates the production team to deliver excellent performance; ensuring a safe working environment, achieving the plan, adhering to Company standards for quality and working collaboratively with the other shift teams on handovers.
- Continuously strive to improve standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Maintain an “Audit Ready, All the Time” production environment
- Ensure Quality procedures are fully understood and consistently applied
- Deliver against productivity targets for the shift, completing interval control reports as required
- Organise and participate in the recruitment, management and training of colleagues, monitoring performance and developing the capability of the team
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and standards, ensuring that this understanding is shared with their team
- Ensure a smooth handover with adjoining shift teams
We expect all team members to have credible work history. For this role, we require demonstrable shift management experience (min 3 years) and a clear understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). Experience working in a manufacturing business audited to BRC standard is essential; Experience in paper or packaging industries would be desirable.
Skills & Personal Attributes
The successful candidate will be a manager who leads from the front; role modelling safe behaviours and our core values. They will have a proven track record of engaging teams to deliver excellent standards and great performance.
Applicants should have basic IT skills, and practical knowledge of using Microsoft Office Packages at work. Experience of using time and attendance systems would be an advantage.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Shift Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly