- Are you a fast learner who is able to retain information?
- Do you have strong numeracy skills?
- Are you self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative?
- Are you a team player?
- Are you a dynamic individual able to work in a busy front office environment?
- Do you have great communication/customer service skills?
Mayflower Marina in Plymouth is looking for a part-time employee to join their long-served staffing team.
The marina is open 24/7, 365 days a year and provides fully serviced pontoon berthing for contract and visiting boats. The marina also provides a number of ancillary services to support the needs of their customers.
In recent years Mayflower Marina has won local and national awards for customer service and holds The Yacht Harbour Association’s highest 5 Gold Anchor Award, reflecting the standard of service and facilities offered at the Marina.
The role on offer is very diverse and can often be very busy, so applicants must have the ability to juggle tasks and prioritise. We are offering a minimum 16 hour week which, due to the nature of our business, includes some weekend working. Additional hours will need to be worked at busy times as well as to cover for other staff holidays.
- Handling cash, collecting payments, reconciliation of daily takings
- Reconciliation of fuel sales and takings
- Completion and reconciliation of spreadsheets
- Maintain systems for invoicing and customer record keeping
- Processing both sales and purchase ledger invoices
- Dealing with enquiries from clients
- Experience of having worked in an administration, accounts, reception, hospitality or similar role
- IT competent
- Good oral and written communicator
- Understanding of invoicing procedures
- Able to work under pressure and manage fluctuating workload
- Very good customer facing skills
- Accurate and conscientious
- Confident and approachable
- Team Player with a “can do” attitude
Skills and Experience:
- GCSE ‘C’ grade or equivalent in English and Maths
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Cash handling
- Data processing
- Experience of Sage
- First Aider
- Experience of Health and Safety Regulations
What’s in it for you?
Working for an award-winning marina in a very pleasant environment
Competitive salary once sufficient level of competency has been achieved*
101 hours holiday including Public Holidays, based on a 16 hour week.
Private Medical Insurance (includes dental and optical cover)*
*Benefits are based on probation and length of service.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this vacancy before applying please telephone Angela Rhodes on 01752 556633.
Your message of application must include a paragraph specifying why you feel you are the most suitable candidate for this position
The closing date for applications is 31st August 2019.
Candidates invited for interview may be asked to undertake a short numeracy test.
Mayflower Marina is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for Receptionist/Accounts Clerk
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly