Principal Avionic Systems Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Principal Avionic Systems Engineer
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They want to bring the very latest technologies and development methodologies to what is traditionally a slow industry. They’re now looking for a Principal Avionic Systems Engineer to join them and support the development of their aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
If you possess extensive experience in Avionics engineering, including Avionics development, this is an exceptional opportunity to play a key role in a fresh-thinking organisation that lives and breathes innovation.
Within a collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will have the chance to help drive the success of an ambitious project that has the potential to transform the aviation industry as we know it.
As a Principal Avionic Systems Engineer, you will combine your superb technical knowledge and experience allied with a common sense approach to get the right things done quickly and effectively.
In this important role as a Principal Avionic Systems Engineer, you will:
- Lead Avionics Development work packages to a high level
- Perform and complete architecture design with performance/complexity/development trade offs
- Capture requirements, decomposition and traceability as part of projects
- Ensure compliance to relevant aerospace standards
- Perform system simulation to ensure standards and objectives are achieved
- Present complex system information in an understandable way to all levels of the business
In addition, you will share your knowledge and expertise as a mentor with junior engineers to increase knowledge transfer and expertise within our business.
To be considered as a Principal Avionic Systems Engineer, you will need:
- Extensive, relevant experience which includes Avionics development
- Proficiency in SysML
- Experience in designing system of system products
- Knowledge of relevant aerospace standards (ARP4754, DO-178/254/160)
- Knowledge of software and hardware engineering practices and patterns for the full software / hardware / networks development life cycle
- Experience with MATLAB Simulink
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
In addition, demonstrable experience of communicating with senior management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, would be advantageous to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Lead Avionic Systems Engineer, Avionic Systems Engineer, Principal Avionics Engineer, Lead Avionics Engineer, or Avionic Systems Manager.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking the next step in your career as a Principal Avionic Systems Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.