Buyer / Expeditor
- Full Time
Our client is currently looking for an Expeditor to join their Procurement team. The Expeditor will ensure that, once a Buyer / Procurement Specialist has placed a Purchase Order, then the delivery lead-time is monitored and achieved by the supplier. The Expeditor will liaise primarily via eMail and telephone, to ensure timely delivery of all materials to our production sites and warehousing facilities will be achieved.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your skill set and experience on a unique and exciting mining project
- Several years of experience of working as an Expeditor in a manufacturing / industrial business.
- Able to work professionally, politely and firmly with vendors (at all levels within their organization), in order to influence their behavior in a positive and prompt manner – i.e. make sure that materials turn up on time, in line with promised delivery dates.
- Working knowledge of D365 or other ERP systems is advantageous.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- The systems knowledge is required so that the Expeditor can record all relevant supplier contact clearly, accurately and concisely. This will allow the status of expediting activity to be shown clearly to the rest of the team and to their client
- Knowledge and experience of the ‘purchase to pay’ process.
- Good internal customer and external supplier focus and sense of urgency.
- Ability to rapidly develop working relationships internally and externally.
- Confident in dealing with both client and suppliers to achieve best possible outcome for the company and their client.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and meet deadlines whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to manage conflict and changing needs of the business
- Team worker, able to work concurrently with buyer, project engineers and other functional stakeholders.
Our client is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics).