Peterborough,Boston, Nottingham, Lincoln or Rushden
Up to £48,000 (plus £3,500 + 3% of Salary Car Provision)
Permanent, Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, experienced and dynamic Planning Manager to join our Development team during a period of organisational change and growth. This role has the option to be based in Rushden, Nottingham, Peterborough, Lincoln or Boston.
Do you have a passion to make a real difference in the affordable housing sector? Well this may be the role for you.
Do you want to work for a company where you can make a difference?
Here at Longhurst Group we deliver an ambitious Housing Development Programme by creating valuable partnerships with local authorities, developers, land owners and agents. This enables us to put our customers first by building new affordable & market sale homes. We have a desire to create and foster positive communities, enabling us to build great places to live, and to provide excellent housing management services. This ultimately transcends into our key vision of “making a difference” and “improving lives”.
As a professional Planning Manager you will:
- Operate in conjunction with partners, land agents, landowners and Local Authorities and other stakeholders to advise on all planning matters and to negotiate planning agreements and to maintain and build new relationships
- Have a detailed understanding of the land acquisition and planning process and the interrelationship between the two functions
- Work with colleagues to advise on compliance with all relevant planning legislation on new land opportunities and on live developments.
- Work as part of the Land and Planning team, providing advice on all planning matters to ensure compliance with relevant Group approval processes.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Corporate Finance to ensure that financial planning obligations are satisfied on all development sites
As a values-led organisation, with values that include ‘Push the Boundaries’ and ‘Fun and Fair’, you can imagine the kind of communities we want to create for our customers.
Our ideal candidate will possess a good understanding of the planning requirements for new and existing residential development opportunities, influencing the land acquisition process and the planning system. As a housing developer we have a program to deliver 1,000 new homes a year over the next 10 years. Our focus is securing new land to help deliver our programme of affordable housing, market sale homes and extra care and supported housing schemes.
As a Planning Manager you must:
- Have extensive and proven experience in land and planning aspects of new housing schemes and mixed-use developments.
- Have knowledge of planning regulations and standards affecting the design of new residential developments.
- Have proven knowledge of planning promotion processes and experience of securing satisfactory planning permissions across different local authority areas
- Have a real passion and appreciate the importance for making the communities we serve the best they can be, doing everything we can to improve the lives of our customers.
If you want to be at the forefront of change and innovation at an exciting time for our business and truly want to make a difference, we look forward to meeting you!
Longhurst Group is one of the leading housing associations in the Midlands and East of England, owning and managing more than 22,500 homes and high-quality care and support services. With a clear vision to improve the lives of our customers and our colleagues through our shared values and integrated services, the Group has ambitious plans for the future and is always looking to grow.
You will be joining the organisation following the launch of our 2025 strategy, which concentrates on improving the lives of customers and colleagues by focusing on the areas of financial resilience and health and wellbeing.
From July 1 2019, Longhurst Group’s four member companies – Axiom Housing Association, Friendship Care and Housing, Spire Homes and L&H Homes – came together to form one organisation.
The change will mean that any future communication you receive about this role will be from Longhurst Group.
At Longhurst Group we value and respect our people. We recognise that our success rests on the shoulders of committed staff so we want to make sure that everyone feels supported and appreciated. Being part of Longhurst Group means living our values. In it together, Heartfelt Service, Own it, Push the Boundaries and Fun and Fair. It is through our values that we will continue to shape the future, making a positive difference within our local communities and creating places where people want to live.
We offer an excellent employee benefit package including generous annual leave, pension scheme and learning and development opportunities.
This role is subject to pre-employment checks, including an ‘Enhanced’ Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure (DBS) and references.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. All shortlisted candidates will need to verify eligibility to work in the UK at interview. Proof must then be provided by day one upon successful candidature.
Longhurst Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applicants that reflects the diverse communities we work with. We invite applicants to contact the employer to identify any additional support they may need during the recruitment process.
Closing date: Monday, 19th August 2019
Interview date: w/c Monday 26th August 2019