Machine Operator – Manufacturing & Production Ilminster, Somerset
Who will I be working for?
Daido Metal is a world-leading provider of plain bearings for marine, rail, traction and industrial engines. With a diverse customer base across many sectors, we supply the complete range of plain bearings on a global scale.
Our site in Ilminster produces plain bearings, bushings and thrust bearings for medium speed diesel engines, turbochargers and a range of other rotating and reciprocating machines.
Due to expansion, we’re looking for a Machine Operator to join our Ilminster team on a full time basis.
Are there any benefits?
- Salary of up to £9.35 per hour
- Shift premium of 20% for double day shifts
- 26 days’ holiday (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus Bank Holidays
- Holiday premium of one third pay
- Prudential group personal pension plan
- Access to discounts at restaurants, holidays, travel and more
- Social club that organises events and trips
- Training and development opportunities
- Build a rewarding career with a globally successful business
What will I be doing?
As a Machine Operator, you’ll set and operate a range of manufacturing machines in our Production Department.
Working flexibly as part of the Manufacturing Team, you will:
- Receive and check production materials
- Operate Fanuc, Mazak, Hitachi and Okuma machines
- Make sure that products are of a high quality
- Report any issues to the Chargehand
- Provide effective shift handovers
What do I need to apply?
To join us as a Machine Operator, you’ll need:
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Experience of producing detailed, quality products
- The ability to consistently meet high standards
- A self-motivated and focused attitude
CNC Operating and setting experience would be an advantage.
Experience of operating Fanuc, Mazak, Hitachi or Okuma machines would be beneficial, as would milling or turning experience. It would also be an advantage if you could read and interpret engineering drawings or use measuring equipment such as vernier calipers and micrometers.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Machine Operator, Machine Operative, CNC Setter, CNC Operator, Production Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Production Operative or Machine Setter.
This is a full time role, working double day shift hours (totalling 37.5 hours per week). You may occasionally be required to work additional hours to meet business requirements. Shifts are as follows:
Week 1: 6:00 – 14:00, Monday – Thursday and 6:00 – 13:30 on Friday Week 2: 14:00 – 22:40, Monday – Thursday and 13:30 – 18:00 on Friday
Webrecruit and Daido Metal are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Machine Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.