Maintenance Engineer / Service Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Marchwood, SO4 4BD
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 hrs per week, Monday to Friday
What you'll do:
Assist and Support Maintenance Manager in Organising and Managing the site maintenance function, Mechanical, Electrical, Control and Instrumentation, to ensure high plant availability and performance within approved budgets, liaising with operations staff to ensure a high level of service.
Assist with the Management of the maintenance department implementing the planned preventative maintenance, overhauls and planned shutdown works within strict budgets in line with company policy and procedures
Assist with the management of the CMMS, implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements, ensuring safe, efficient and reliable plant operation including compliance of statutory inspections.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the preparation of site maintenance budget proposals and work within approved budgets
- Assist Maintenance Manager by leading the coordination of the in-house Maintenance team day to day activities. This includes responsibility for delegating, prioritising and direct involvement of work where required
- Assist in the management of site CMMS to ensure an effective maintenance process, including all inputs into SAP maintenance and control of all assets
- Assist Maintenance Manager with planning and management of planned maintenance outages, including specification of work, quality control and coordination between all parties involved. To be available on site during the planned annual outage
- Responsibility for any contractors on site as directed by the Maintenance Manager in terms of work instructions and ensuring inductions have been completed and they work safely and in line with safe working practices. To ensure all sub-contractors perform their duties according to company procedures and work schedules
- Ensure compliance with the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Policies. Ensure that the facility operates within legal requirements and environmental legislation ISO 9001,1401,1800
- Assist with Management of onsite training of Apprentices including monitoring and reviews, where applicable
- To be available to be called in during emergency situations and plant breakdowns when necessary
- To deputise for Maintenance Manager in his absence
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience and be conversant with steam raising and power generation, preferably within an Energy from Waste environment. Sound knowledge and understanding of Pressure System Safety Regulations and Statutory inspection regulations
- Significant experience, understanding and knowledge of maintenance of a variety of plant and apparatus including Low / Medium and High Voltage equipment, 415V motors, variable speed drives, switchgear, major rotating plant large rotating equipment, boiler and steam plant and auxiliaries, material handling equipment, crane equipment, abatement equipment and plant auxiliaries etc
- Apprentice trained Engineer / Technician, qualified to HNC standard in a relevant Engineering discipline, however extensive relevant experience will be considered
- Knowledge of Regulatory requirements
- IT Literate, Excel & Word & SAP
- Ability to forge and maintain good inter personal working relationships
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise tasks and work with minimal supervision
- An effective team member, able to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to interrogate / understand maintenance problems to provide accurate plant condition information / recommendations
- The option to join the company Pension Scheme
- Access to Rewards, benefits and discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
- Performance related Bonus
They are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions, offering services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, their work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission is to 'Resource the World'. Improving communities and protecting the environment are right at the heart of their business.
But it takes more than just words and ambition to achieve this, it takes the daily efforts of thousands of people across the UK to bring it to life. Together their employees make the communities better. They are the resourcers, behind the resources. They are real people like you, and they make real change happen every day.
The company is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Site Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Multiskilled Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician and Fault Repair Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Maintenance Engineer / Service Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly