Support Worker (Life Enabler)
7 days left
- Full Time
Certitude is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for our Domiciliary Care support. We are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. We employ 1000 staff and are committed to their development. With Certitude you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
The role of Support Worker (Life Enabler) is to recognise that people’s individual support needs vary not just as a result of their learning disability and/or autism, but also due to their life experiences, and continue to change as they age. You will ensure the people you support are achieving person centred outcomes, maintaining and increasing people’s independence and skills and enabling them to be active in their communities.
You will also ensure you support people of various ages and a variety of complexity of needs, focusing on active support, physical and emotional well-being, communication and understanding and achieving purpose. The support will flex with people as their need and life choices change.
To be a successful Life Enabler, you will demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting people who have learning disabilities and/or autism to become more active in their community
- Experience of building great relationships
- An understanding of the challenges that are likely to be faced by many people with disabilities
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties safeguards
- Interests and skills that you are willing to share and get others involved in
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days annual leave
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working together
- Continuously improving
- Inspired by people
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Support Worker (Life Enabler)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly