Support Worker - Bengeo
- Part Time
Support Worker - Bengeo
£17,124 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
05 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are looking for a positive, fun and caring Support Worker to work within our Bengeo, Hertfordshire service where we support 6 people with a learning disability.
We have a part time opportunity for 22.5 hours per week on a permanent basis.
So what does our Bengeo service look like?
In this service we support 5 gentlemen and 1 lady - can you guess who the boss of this service is?! The people that we support in this service attend day centres and love going for trips to the cinema, lunching out and we hope you can spot a good bargain because they love shopping too!
You will support these individuals in every aspect of their life - it's important that you are comfortable with providing personal care, but rest assured our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can possibly be!
We put the people who we support at the heart of what we do. We make sure that everyone is as equally involved with the recruitment process as our very own recruitment team. If you look at the pink box titled "additional information" you'll see some information about some of the people that we support.
Interested in carrying on the conversation?
As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we want to hear from you. This role has a unique set of challenges,but our award winning training will ensure that you are the best Support Worker that you can be, whether you have lots experience or are just starting out in your career.
We will ensure that in your role you have ongoing development giving you access to real career growth,opening the doors to opportunities should you wish to grow with us.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, You may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings and evenings and sleep ins (Payment for sleep ins is compliant and competitive with national living wage). The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you’ll have your own commitments and we will try to factor this into our rotas.
This position is based in Bengeo, Hertfordshire
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job Reference:- 17372 (Support Worker - Bengeo)
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract