Support Worker - Letchworth
Support Worker - Letchworth
Letchworth Garden City
£17,124 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
12 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are currently looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers who are based in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.We support adults who have a varying level of learning disability to lead happy and fulfilled lives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting people in their day to day lives within the Letchworth area. These individuals have a learning disability and are looking for support around medication, personal care, finances and daily living tasks.You will also be fully involved supporting them to access the local community and any aspirations they want to achieve.
You can expect to be baking, singing, dancing, playing musical instruments and games as well as supporting the individuals to local clubs.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will be required to be able to work across a range of different days and various shift patterns. We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota will be prepared well in advance – Do you have a request, something special going on? Your manager will certainly try their best to help you meet this.
You do not need to have experience but it is essential that you share our values. As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Please click the "Apply" button to submit your application and spring board your career to new heights.... Good Luck!!
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID: 17421
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contrac