Support Worker - Hemel Hempstead
Support Worker - Hemel Hempstead
£17,124 pa plus excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing that you have made a difference?
We are currently looking to expand our team of dedicated support workers within our services in Hemel Hempstead, where we support people who have a learning disability. We currently support 9 people across three of our supported living services, all of which are close to each other. We also offer an outreach service to people who live independently in the area.
We have a range of opportunities, both full and part time on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the day to day livelihood of these individuals and will support with medication, finances and daily living tasks. Another big part of being a support worker is being a big part of the fun! You can expect to be involved in going out for fish and chips,singing Karaoke, cinema outings and having a go at Bowling on the Wii -creating memories is one of the really rewarding parts of being a Support Worker!
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job.You will need to be able to work across a range of different days and shift patterns, including sleep in shifts and bank holidays. We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota is prepared well in advance – Got a request, something special going on? Your manager will certainly try to help you meet it.
You do not need to have experience but it is essential that you share our values. As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
For further details of this role please click on the ‘additional information’ attachments at the bottom of this advertisement –from here you will be able to read some of the one page profiles of the people we support, offering you a real insight into the people you will be supporting.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Vacancy ID 17457 - Support Worker - Hemel Hempstead
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract