Support Worker/ Carer/Personal Assistant
2 days left
- Part Time
About the job:
A Support Worker is required to join a well-established team that provides consistent and continuous care to a man in late 20s with autism and learning difficulties, working in his home in Cambridge.
The post is funded by a direct payment from the local authorities.
The team helps the man in his everyday living skills, engages him in community and social enterprises, encourages his physical activities and assures safe and predictable environment.
Support workers work on 24/7 Rota, each has three 8-hour shifts, total 24 hours, and one sleep-in per week. This includes weekends. Additional hours may be requested when required to cover absences and holidays. Hence flexibility of working hours is essential.
Requirements for a candidate to the post
- Experience of working with learning disabilities and autism in residential setting is preferable, although full training will be given.
- Ability to use your own initiative, make decisions and work in accordance with the support plan, the team and man's family.
- Confidence in managing potential conflict out in the community and ability to effectively de-escalate stressful situations.
- The candidate will be caring, friendly, reliable and well organised person with excellent communication skills and good level of English and Math.
- Always consider the client's best interest first.
- Wiliness to travel with the client and clean driving licence.
- You will require to register as self-employed.
You will undergo a full induction process and shadowing shifts to introduce you to the daily routine and duties. You will have help and support from the rest of the team and the man's parents and continuous on job training.
This is a permanent post subject to two references, the 3 months probationary period and DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
The successful applicant will be required to start in August.
Apply for Support Worker/ Carer/Personal Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly