Partnerships Manager – North
Partnerships Manager – North
Location: Home working from Newcastle or Leeds with occasional travel to our London office
About Governors for Schools
We’re a national education charity with the ambition of making sure every school in England has excellent governance which drives improved outcomes for all children and young people. Since 1999, we’ve been connecting skilled and committed volunteers with schools and academies in need of governors. By finding and supporting a diverse and talented network of governors, we help to drive systematic change in how schools are run. We’ve placed over 10,000 governors in the last 5 years and we’ve got ambitious plans to develop our services, expand our work with key partners, and support more schools with excellent governance.
About the role
We’re looking for someone to join our team as Partnerships Manager for the North of England. Working as part of the National Team, you’ll help schools across the region access skilled and committed volunteers, to help raise standards and give children the best start in life. You’ll manage the volunteering process for skilled individuals and have the autonomy to manage your own area, meeting recruitment and placement targets.
You’ll report into the Head of National Operations and work closely with the Business Development team to plan ways of reaching volunteers through social media, events, and partnerships.
Each day you’ll be:
- Supporting volunteers through the school governor appointment process, from application to placement
- Providing schools with suitable volunteers, including recruiting volunteers for specific vacancies
- Maintaining and developing relationships with Local Authority governor services departments to place volunteers
- Using a variety of communication channels to promote Governors for Schools services to schools and volunteers in your area
- Co-ordinating and taking active involvement in recruitment campaigns across the north of England, developing innovative and cost-effective approaches through social media and events
- Increasing the efficiency of the placement process
- Using our CRM system to ensure volunteer, school and company records are up-to-date
After a few months in the role, you’ll:
- Manage relationships with existing business and university partners
- Account manage up to 10 existing partners, providing frequent communication
- Deliver volunteer focused presentations to partner employees
- Carry out business development, encouraging businesses to include school governance as part of their CSR strategy and as a CPD opportunity
While you’ll be primarily working from home, you’ll also be out and about meeting both new and existing partners in the region, attending events, and thinking of new ways to engage schools and volunteers. You’ll have a passion for education and be able to consistently demonstrate our values:
- Attention to detail and a desire to continually improve by seeking and using feedback
- A ‘can do’ attitude and sense of pride in delivering high-quality work at all times
- Know when to challenge assumptions and suggest better approaches
- Question actions inconsistent with our values
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels and build solid working relationships
- Willingness to support the wider team outside areas of your specific job role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to get things done
You should apply if:
- You’re self-motivated and as comfortable managing your workload independently as you are meeting stakeholders
- You want to learn more about business development and are comfortable talking to and working with people of varying degrees of seniority
- You’re passionate about improving education for children
Salary and benefits
- £25,000 p/a with a bonus structure in place
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
We’ll be reviewing applicants on an ongoing basis so early application is encouraged.
To apply for the role of Partnerships Manager (North), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Partnerships Manager, North, School Partnerships Manager, Account Manager, Education Project Officer, Education Programme Officer, Education Governance Co-ordinator, Relationships Manager, Education.