Facilities Manager The Peak District
Facilities Manager – The Peak District
Bakewell, Derbyshire (office/field based, with travel to sites throughout the Peak District)
Are you a Facilities Manager looking to escape from the dull tones of city life? Want to enrich your days with dazzling meadows, dramatic scenery and some of the nation’s most famous views? If so, read on.
The Peak District National Park Authority protects, enhances and shares the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the Peak District. We also support the economic and social wellbeing of the communities in which we work.
As the UK’s first National Park, the Peak District has a rich history and has been shaped by the interaction of people and nature over thousands of years. This year alone, the Park has been enjoyed by thousands looking for adventure, education and a fantastic day out.
We’re now looking for a Facilities Manager to join us at Aldern House, based in the heart of the National Park.
- Salary of £26,317 - £28,785 per annum
- Pension scheme (18.75% employer contribution)
- Work in a fantastic environment with unforgettable views
- Support our organisation in becoming more sustainable
This is an amazing opportunity to help manage the properties in a Park that inspires curiosity, encourages exploration and provides memories that last a lifetime.
Surrounded by incredible landscapes every day, you will have the chance to support a prestigious Park that’s adored by many and help to ensure it’s enjoyed for generations to come.
We’re based between Manchester, Sheffield and Derby, making this a great opportunity if you’re looking to break away from city life and commute to the country.
So, if you are looking to grow with an organisation that protects one of the country’s most iconic natural locations, we want to hear from you.
As the Facilities Manager, you’ll ensure the smooth running of our properties, including our HQ, Aldern house, and Moorlands Centre.
It’s an exciting time to join our Facilities team, as we’re transforming the way we manage our properties. You’ll have the chance to play a key role in this process, helping to make assets a cornerstone of how we operate.
Your duties will involve:
- Managing external tenants and staff
- Co-ordinating reactive and planned maintenance activities
- Developing and implementing our Carbon Management Plan
- Managing cleaning and security contracts
- Overseeing all health and safety requirements for our properties
- Effectively managing budgets
To join us as our Facilities Manager, you will need:
- Experience of office-based facilities management, including health and safety requirements
- Previous experience of renewing and managing facilities related contracts, such as cleaning and grounds maintenance
- A track record of managing people and resources, as well as team and budget planning
- The ability to communicate complex information clearly, both verbally and in writing, to internal and external clients
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- A full driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Experience or knowledge of the following would be beneficial: landlord and tenant law in relation to leases and licences and the occupation of property, negotiating and developing property leases and licences, developing, implementing and monitoring environmental plans or the environmental management of buildings and sustainable products.
Experience of managing the process of specifying, obtaining tenders, letting and managing contracts and associated works would also be an advantage, as would proficiency in AutoCAD and GIS. Membership of BIFM, IWFM or RICs would be equally favourable.
We’d like to hear from you if you have held the title of Facilities Manager, Office Facilities Manager, Property Manager, Building Manager, Facilities & Maintenance Manager, Health & Safety Manager or Senior Facilities Officer.
Webrecruit and the Peak District National Park Authority are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Facilities Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week