Our client is currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join their team in the position of Maintenance Electrician at Accrington.
The role holder will play a safe and active part in maintenance activities, being responsible to rectify all Electrical malfunctions / breakdowns safe and effectively to enable the continuity and productivity of the plant, to achieve current safety, output and quality targets
- Before work commences on any item of plant/machinery etc. all relevant safe work procedures must be sought and followed together with an assessment made if needed with maintenance fitter, plant foreman and management of what is required to enable the task involved to be carried out in the safest way possible.
- Ensure when carrying out any work at height a full working at height risk assessment is carried out.
- Before using any vibration tools ensure all monitoring equipment and have register is up to date and to ensure not to exceed acceptable limits
- To ensure isolation of all plant and equipment both electrically and mechanically before commencement of duties. Ensuring the use of personnel ISO-LOCK when required.
- To adhere to rules and procedures involving the use of workshop equipment.
- Once work is completed including new installations ensure a full test has been carried out safety guards are put back, all safety features work and all debris removed before commencement / operation of the plant/equipment.
- As and when required to aid in tunnel kiln shutdown/light up and general maintenance.
- Return all tools used to their correct place and all debris to the correct skip.
- To work in conjunction with Maintenance Fitters and assist as and when necessary.
- To carry out work in the quarry as and when instructed by management.
- To keep plant maintenance up to date.
- To use all hand/power tools and ladders safely and correctly using the required P.P.E and to take out of action immediately damaged /faulty items.
- Report all irregularities/health & safety issues to the maintenance foreman.
- To carry out housekeeping duties as and when required.
- Undertake any relevant training as requested
- City &Guilds NVQ Level3 ONC HND
- Knowledge of PLC Systems.
- PLC fault finding a must.
- Inverter drives.
- Sensors PNP, NPN.
- Lifting and Slinging Training
- HAV Awareness Training
- Manual Handling Training
- Gas awareness training
- Confined space training
- Company online Induction
- Isolation Lock off
- Silica Awareness
- Working at Height (MEWP/SCISSOR LIFT AND HARNESS TRAINING)
- Spill Training (Environmental Awareness)
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.