Loom Technician BLUL85959
5 days left
- Full Time
Our client has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria succeeded to the British throne. They are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills in the United Kingdom – they take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth and accessories.
- To ensure that looms run to optimum efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Manage and maintain a share of looms on any set week and help where needed if needed on others.
- Place gears into looms and prepare everything needed for weaving function to commence.
- To ensure accurate start-up of new warps, checking construction, design against production sheet and passing standard. Ensuring the quality checklist is completed and tickets signed for each new warp.
- To ensure the general maintenance of the looms – in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- To maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- To monitor spare parts stock levels and report back to the weaving manager any requirement. Recording parts that have been fitted during your shift period and the current stock level.
- To document any repairs/adjustments carried out to looms on the work carried out/parts fitted record sheet on each loom.
- To make routine inspections of all the looms to ensure the absence of faults.
- To identify and rectify faults diagnosed at the perch/mending.
- To ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained within the weaving areas.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ensuring that all Personal Protective Equipment as issued is used.
- Any other duties as requested by the Team Leaders / Manager that are deemed within your abilities and to the benefit of the business.
- All H&S requirements are adhered to, including PPE and hearing protection.
- Undertake training and development (if required).
Knowledge and skills necessary:
- Experience as a loom technician is essential. Dornier looms preferred but others are acceptable. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Confidence to implement change and develop / improve the department.
- An understanding of the importance of standards to ensure quality standards are met
- A good eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate well, including appropriate use of computer software
- Textile based qualifications / relevant experience needed
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Loom Technician BLUL85959
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly