5 days left
- Full Time
We’re currently on the hunt for a Maintenance Caretaker to join our friendly team in Egham for 30 hours per week, 5 days per week.
Scape is no ordinary student accommodation and we don’t do recruitment the ordinary way. Everything here is a little bit different – think of it as the Scape Way: from filling Koko’s dance floor with more than 1000 students to launching industry-leading competitions with WeWork, we provide our residents a year that lasts a lifetime. We invest in people by offering a nurturing culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, valuing fun as much as our commitment to shelter and shape the minds of tomorrow.
Scape is one of the most exciting brands to be joining right now. With 12 locations across 2 continents and US expansion plans, the scale of our ambition to build a world-class student living brand is matched only by the disruptive innovation that underpins everything we do.
What we offer
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including access to exclusive partner deals, pension, cycle-to-work scheme, healthcare plan, healthy snacks, free access to our on-site gyms, as well as holiday perks).
- To ensure heating plant and equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and report defects and malfunctions to the Senior Staff.
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems, replacing where necessary minor parts such as tubes, bulbs, fuses starters and diffusers, in accordance with safe working practices.
- To arrange to clear blockages, remove foreign matter from sinks, toilets, drains, kitchen grease traps etc. and clean up spillages as required
- To ensure that gullies, drains etc. are kept free from debris and that the building and grounds are well maintained and immaculately presented at all times
- To ensure window sills are kept clean
- To complete PPM tasks as required by Senior Staff
- To be responsible for ensuring clear and safe pedestrian access to the building, particularly in adverse weather conditions (e.g. clearing snow, gritting etc.)
- To dispose of waste materials in a safe, hygienic manner ensuring that it is available for collection as required.
- To maintain tidiness of the bins and bin areas at both sites, including emptying bins, clearing rubbish and bags from the floor and jet washing bin areas.
- To undertake porterage tasks as required including setting up and clearing away furniture
- To undertake maintenance duties as directed by the Senior Staff
- To comply with the requirements of Health and Safety and other relevant legislation and company policies
- Have problem-solving abilities
- Have good communication skills
- Be flexible
- Pay high attention to details
- Have interpersonal skills
- Be able to work alone or with a team
- Be able to multitask
- Be able to work for extended periods of time
Apply for Maintenance Caretaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly