4 days left
- Full Time
Cambridge University Press has an exciting opportunity available for a Platform Manager to join our dynamic team based in Cambridge. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, we are offering a competitive salary £44,500 per annum, plus benefits.
We have over 2,500 talented employees across 50 international offices uniting all our publishing groups. We’re one of the world’s most respected publisher, driven by the purpose of unlocking people’s potential with the best learning and research solutions.
We will offer a fantastic benefits package to our Platform Manager:
- Dynamic work environment that empowers you to be your best
- Group personal pension
- Free life assurance
- Inclusive and flexible working environment
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- On-site fitness facilities
- Easily accessible with a 10 minutes walk from the train station
About the role:
We are looking for an innovative, collaborative and decisive Platform Manager to take the overall accountability for a platform or range of platforms to include support in the creation and delivery of the platform technical strategy to cover the platform life cycle across delivery, Support, QA and Architecture. Working with other parts of Technology and the wider business and our customers to define and deliver a ‘fit for purpose’ platform and associated technologies that deliver the very best service to Cambridge University Press and our Customers.
The role will work across Project Delivery, QA and Support, taking accountability for the overall performance of the Platform and associated technologies in line with the Technical Strategy for that platform.
What we are looking for in our Platform Manager:
You have a strong and proven technical delivery and support experience for both delivery of new Platforms, enhancing existing platforms as well as responsibility for the performance and support of new and existing platforms managing a large user base. You will have exposure to Technical Strategy and its implementation related directly to Business Strategy and the delivery of a vision.
You will also have the below skills and experience:
- Experience of three or more of the following, waterfall delivery, Agile delivery, ITIL best Practice and Testing best practice
- A natural collaborator with strong stakeholder management for working in a matrix organisation
- Strong leadership and team development qualities and had experience in working with and supervising teams globally
- Previously worked on customer critical solutions on one or more, delivering a very high level of service and exceeding expectations
- Commercial acumen and have been involved in 3rd party contract negotiation
This is an important and visible role within both Technology and the wider business, leading the management on some of our business critical platforms.
Closing date: Friday 23rd August
Click ‘apply’ today and don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that plays a leading role in today’s global market place as our Platform Manager.