Operations Manager / Project Manager
Job Title: BID Manager
Salary: Circa £35,000 - 42,000 p.
Job type: Permanent, Full time
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join the Huddersfield BID (Business Improvement District) at the very start of its journey. On 12th July the decision was taken by the businesses in Huddersfield in favour of plans to set up a business improvement district (BID), securing £2 million to be spent on improving the Town over a five year period.
The BID Manager is crucial to the success of the BID and the realisation of the 5 year business plan. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate leadership and a broad skill set preferably from a commercial background as well as personal resilience, gravitas and the ability to build strong enduring relationships.
This role will be very hands on so the BID manager must be comfortable wearing all the hats required for such a diverse remit.
This is the first BID in Huddersfield and a genuine opportunity for the right candidate to have a significant personal impact on the Town's development. It will require planning and the development of a series of KPIs to monitor the output and impact of the BIDs work ensuring they are able to evidence its impact and demonstrate ROI to levy payers.
To lead, manage and co-ordinate the development and delivery of the Huddersfield BID business plan and to develop effective relationships with external partners, agencies and stakeholders to successfully deliver services and projects.
To manage the Huddersfield BID, working with and being accountable to the BID's Board of Directors to achieve the BID's aims and objectives.
To support the BID Board and be responsible for effective and transparent governance and Company administration.
To act as the first point of contact for BID levy payers and manage contracts including BID levy collection and the provision of baseline services and to create a strong collective voice for Huddersfield BID members and advocate for the BID area in dealings with all external stakeholders and agencies.
- To actively project manage and monitor the success of any pilot schemes, juggling numerous initiatives and projects concurrently. Identify and address issues and concerns as and when they arise, liaising with the BID Board and project stakeholders
- To develop, monitor and report on a metrics to demonstrate the impact of any pilot schemes and projects in line with the BID Business plan
- To oversee and manage contracts and agreements with suppliers for services provided to the BID
- To oversee the development and delivery of an effective communications strategy which furthers the Huddersfield BID's aims and objectives and engages BID members, external agencies, stakeholders and opinion formers
- To be responsible for financial planning and resource management. This will include identifying and securing additional funding opportunities
- Compliance with appropriate legislation governing employment, data protection, health and safety
- Budgetary management and compliance with proper financial controls and procedures
- Staff recruitment and management and compliance with proper employment procedures
- BID Board meeting organisation, ensuring agenda and papers are correctly set out
- 2 years' experience managing a small business, organisation or partnership
- 2 years' experience of working across multiple agencies / stakeholders
- Experience of reporting to a board of directors or similar
- A proven track record of developing and delivering business plans and projects
- A proven track record of leading and managing a small team
- Experience in financial and budget management
- Knowledge of the issues facing towns
- Excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong commercial awareness, income generation and fund raising skills
- Excellent IT and presentations skills, including in-depth knowledge of excel
- Resilient and able to solve problems creatively
- Flexible, innovative and able to respond positively to changing circumstances whilst delivering agreed plans
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Manager, Commercial Manager, General Manager, Commercial Specialist, Business Owner, Commercial Development Manager, Small Business Owner, Operations Manager, Operations Coordinator, Business Operations Manager, Director, Strategic Operations Manager may also be considered for this role.