Assistant Manager / Care Coordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Manager to join our team. The successful applicant will assist the Service Manager in Residential & Community Services to deliver a high quality service to the people we support in our community and residential services. The successful candidate will have a shared responsibility for ensuring the service continually meets organisational requirements and those set out by CQC & OFSTED.
The ideal candidate will have a ‘can do’ attitude and a positive forward thinking approach. They will be well presented, yet able to jump in the numbers if needed! An organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritise their workload, meet tight deadlines and manage their time effectively. They will have the experience of managing teams of people and resources and possess the necessary skills to designate work tasks effectively and manage individuals, tackling under performance where necessary.
Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, motivated , have a strong work ethic, be reliable and flexible and be able to give 100% commitment to the people we support - this is a role for someone who really wants to make a difference and has the energy and determination to succeed!
- QCF L3 or equivalent
- Good standard of secondary education
- A sound value base and positive attitude to people who have learning disabilities.
- Ability to relate well to others
- Personal commitment to valuing and respecting service user’s culture and religion
- Ability to work in a professional manner sharing the ethos of the service
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Ability to work successfully within the team lead by example giving clear guidance and support to team members.
- Strong ability to balance office work and hands-on duties effectively.
- Professional standard of dress and good standard of personal grooming
- A desire to play an active part in the community.
- Committed to positive change with a passion to work towards improving the service further
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission and Standards
- Experience of working with people with Learning Difficulties
- Experience of assessing the needs of vulnerable people who have learning disabilities and complex needs.
- Ability to maintain clear and accurate written records and follow statutory reporting procedures.
- Experience in time management and prioritising work load effectively
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team management and supervision skills
- Knowledge of privacy and confidentiality and information sharing protocols
- Experience in working with professionals able to conduct self in a professional proactive manner
- Experience of ‘on call’ duties, ability to respond to service needs at short notice.
- Experience of working in a person centred way utilising PCP tools, achieving best outcomes for service users
- Experience with CQC care standards and inspection processes, ensuring best practise is achieved on a daily basis
- Experience in negotiating, compromising, achieving positive outcomes.
- Ability to think clearly and work effectively when under pressure
- Direct care giving experience including health care procedures
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of working with people who have learning disabilities/difficulties
- Relevant IT qualification
- Experience of Domiciliary care software packages
The role involves shift work which can cover any part of the 24hour period including night shift across the services and any part of the week including weekends/bhols etc
Although it is a management position, working directly alongside teams will include direct care & support of Service Users, leading by example and having a thorough understanding of all client needs in order to be able to fully assist and support staff.
Experience of assessing and organising community care packages is an advantage. Stockdales is committed to person centred care and strives to ensure all individuals reach their full potential.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.