Superb Safeguarding Officer?
Required for September 2019:
Part-time: 3 days per week
Term-time only: 39 weeks per year
Pay Grade: 12
Our aspiration is to be great in all that we do. Are you a great teacher & leader or aspire to be one? If so, Preston School is the right school for you!
We are a Business & Enterprise Academy that aspires to embody our strapline of ‘Bringing Learning to Life & Life to Learning’ for every student every day. We place a large emphasis on the development of character and personality of our students, alongside a relentless drive for improving progress in all of the subjects that they study. We aim to be GREAT in everything that we do.
Our student body are wonderful to work with and visitors to the school regularly comment upon the great learning environment within the school, personified by the excellent relationships between students and staff. We firmly believe in the core BASICs that the students are asked to follow, and we recognise that teaching is made easier when students are engaged with their learning - as ours are.
We are looking for a great colleague to join our safeguarding team to help keep all of our students safe and well. You will work closely with our Assistant Principal who leads on pastoral and safeguarding matters, to manage and support students with safeguarding issues. Experience of safeguarding practices are desired but not essential as intensive training and induction will be offered.
We would welcome your application if you are:
- passionate about safeguarding young people and aspire for Preston School to be GREAT
- ambitious and have high expectations, in order to engage and enthuse students to learn & staff to be even greater
- committed to the education of all young people with the knowledge and experience to teach across the whole range of age and ability (11- 16)
- an excellent team member with the capacity to lead and develop the department
- committed to continually improving as a teacher and as a leader of learning
- An NQT or more experienced teacher
Information on the school and post can be accessed from the school website
This post is subject to two references along with enhanced DBS check from Criminal Record Bureau and medical history check. If you would like to visit us prior to applying then please contact Jaclyn Surrey, PA to the Principal, on the email below.
Please apply by downloading the application form from the school’s website and return completed with a covering letter addressed to Gregg Morrison, Principal, to Jaclyn.Surrey@prestonschool.co.uk
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 21st August 2019