Regional Export Champions Manager
Regional Export Champions Manager - Department for International Trade
Closing date: 21 Aug 2019
Bottom of Form
Salary: £26,973 - £30,584
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Hours: 37 Hours (42 Hours FTE)
Location: Bristol, South West : Cambridge, Eastern : Guildford, South East
This post is embedded in the Southern England Region of the UK Regions Directorate in the Department for International Trade.
The UK Regions Directorate is at the forefront of enabling and providing support to encourage UK companies to begin exporting, to support existing exporters to grow the value of exports, and to support high quality investment in the UK.
We work closely with businesses and a range of external and internal partners to grow international trade and to realise the overarching Government ambition of increasing the UK’s global performance.
The Southern England Regional team is based in offices in Bristol, Guildford and Cambridge. It consists of around 17 civil servants, supported by over 100 specialist colleagues working in our contracted delivery partners. The region is headed by a senior civil servant (Deputy Director).
- Day to day management of the Regional Export Champions Pool
- Identifying, recruiting, vetting and on boarding individual new Export Champions as the size of the Pool is increased.
- Working with DIT’s International Trade Advisor Delivery Partners and other element of DIT (eg Sector Teams) to facilitate the provision of informal advice by appropriate Export Champions to individual businesses
- Managing the allocation of appropriate Export Champions to individual and appropriate “One to Many” commitments at which Export Champions will operate in the “inspirational” role
- Managing the allocation of appropriate Export Champions to other Regional activity where an exporter presence is desirable (eg Ministerial Visits)
- Managing the engagement of appropriate Export Champions in DIT consultations and information gathering exercises – Export Champions in the “critical friend” role.
- Developing and maintaining strong positive relationships with Export Champions, understanding how to work with key influencers in the group to promote general activity;
- Supporting a One DIT approach in practice by linking Export Champions and their activities to support by other elements of DIT (eg UKEF/Post/Sectors)
- Monitoring and recording all Export Champion interactions to produce effective Management Information on Export Champions activity
- Occasional participation in the Export Champions Community National Project Board which focusses particularly on Continuous Improvement and Development of the Export Champions concept
- Contributing to Marketing & Communication related to Export Champions and promotion of the “If We Can, You Can” message at both Regional and National levels
- Undertaking other Region-specific activities as requested by Regional Line Manager.
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, and entirely comfortable with interacting with senior business people
- An accomplished relationship builder and problem solver, with excellent attention to detail and relationship/account management skills
- A team player who is comfortable with working to tight deadlines, with a proven ability to influence and co-ordinate activity from wider teams and colleagues.
- Excellent programme and project management skills, and comfortable working in a project based environment with colleagues from different teams and in different locations.
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
Essential and Preferred Experience
- Relationship/Account Management
- Project Management
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong Communication and Presentational Skills
- Knowledge of the Region
Please click apply to visit the website