Salary: £30,782 per annum
Full Time – Open Ended
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is an entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
We require an experienced IT professional to support our critical Virtual Server infrastructure. You will be able to troubleshoot issues across those technologies and, should the issue be related to a different support area (e.g. firewalls), provide them with evidence you’ve accumulated to speed their work. Retaining ownership of the issue, you will work with the other teams to solve the issue AND put processes in place to minimise the risk of it happening again.
- engagement with broader DDaT team, UKRI Councils and research centres and UK SBS to support existing services; develop new ones; develop and encourage standard working practice
- assume responsibility for the service health and availability when the rest of team are unavailable
- develop and maintains the critical server infrastructure in UKRI DDaT and NERC
- ensure both Cloud and on-premises server virtualisation infrastructure and the servers it provides are reliable, secure, backed up and fit-for-purpose
- almost all UKRI programmes and projects rely on this underpinning infrastructure to operate
- manage the virtualisation hardware and software, build and manage virtual environments and machines and be an important part of our disaster recover strategy
- proactively monitor services and respond to helpdesk calls.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- experience administering:
- VMWare vSphere virtual environments (vSphere 6.5 and above ideally)
- vSphere virtual networking with vSS and vDS
- hardware associated with those (HP Blade enclosure; Blades; Dell EqualLogic SAN)
- VM backup and restore ideally with knowledge of Veeam Backup and Restore 9
- excellent troubleshooting ability, a proven ability to solve complex technical problems; both server based and for individual users.
- good communicator with management, customers and users across multiple sites
- experience in delivering a good IS/IT service
- ability to work independently and lead in work areas whilst also contributing to the wider team. A keenness to retain ownership of issues through to resolution
- proven ability to deliver complex IT changes and a willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
What we offer:
We recognise and value employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. This includes opportunities to develop your career through training and personal development, a flexible working scheme, 30 days annual leave, an onsite nursery and a number of other benefits.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 25th August 2019.