Senior Buyer - Furniture
Senior Buyer - Furniture
Manchester, Greater Manchester
With a global network spanning Europe, the US and China, Domu Brands is an eCommerce company. Operating out of an amazing office space in Manchester City Centre, we are based in a renovated factory which forms part of a modern office complex situated around the site of an old brewery.
Growing at an extremely fast rate, we have been awarded with several business awards over the last couple of years.
Now, we’re looking for a Senior Buyer to join our team in the heart of Manchester.
- Salary of up to £48,000
- Great support to help you achieve your ambitions
- Newly refurbished modern work space
- Regular company social events
- Full in-house training to bring you up to speed
- Handy transport links making for an easy commute
If you’re a proven buying professional with a great management style, this is the perfect opportunity to push your career to the next level and take on a fresh challenge with our leading company.
Fostering a welcoming, sociable work environment, we reward our employees’ efforts and support them to fulfil their potential.
As a multi-award winning business, we understand the importance of keeping our employees happy and engaged.
If you’re looking for an exciting role where you can share your ideas within a social and friendly work environment, and exponentially increase your business knowledge, this is the role for you.
As a Senior Buyer, you will lead a small team in the planning and selection of a large range of furniture products to be sold online.
Specifically, you will source new merchandise, review existing items, maximise profits and provide a commercially viable range of products that are competitively priced.
Your role will also involve:
- Delivering sales, margin and profit targets
- Completing category range planning including delivering strategies, controls, selection and finalisation
- Managing the product development pipeline of both new and improved products
- Managing product sourcing, vendor scorecards and sourcing strategies
- Maintaining your cost of sale awareness
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends
- Reviewing performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
- Managing plans for stock levels
- Reacting to changes in demand and logistics
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers
- Attending trade fairs, in the UK and overseas
To be considered as a Senior Buyer, you will need:
- At least four years’ experience gained within a buying office
- Strong analytical skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Leadership skills and an understanding of the importance of team development
Other organisations may call this role Buyer, Procurement Team Manager, Purchasing Team Manager, Procurement Team Lead, Purchasing Team Lead, Senior Procurement Executive, or Senior Purchasing Executive.
Domu Brands is an equal opportunities employer, is 100% committed to creating jobs within the UK, and really values a diverse workforce.
So, if you have the drive and commitment to become a Senior Buyer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.