Positions available across: LE1, LE2, LE3, LE4, LE5
Our client is a non-medical home care agency providing care and support to people within their own home environment.
They are currently seeking Care Assistants who will be required to provide personal care and associated tasks to service users within their own homes. Domiciliary care encompasses a range of support which requires adaptability and flexibility from care workers who possess a patient and understanding nature.
You are required to respect the dignity of each service user and assist with any tasks required. This includes prompting, assisting and administering to promote the service users’ independence. (This excludes any tasks typically undertaken by trained nurses).
(The Employer has claimed an exception under the Equality Act 2010).
- You must be a compassionate, patient and understanding individual
- Ability to work with others as a team or on your own initiative
- Exceptional timekeeping skills
- Empathetic towards others
- Good reading, writing and speaking skills in English
- Comply with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Abide by governing legislation
- Drivers/Walkers are both considered
- Personal Care (washing, dressing and continence pads)
- Oral Hygiene and Grooming
- Toileting and Continence Care
- Social Inclusions
- Help with Shopping
- Transfer using Moving and Handling Equipment
- Accompany to Appointments and Social Events/Outings
- Run Errands and Collecting Prescriptions
- Domestic Tasks. E.G. Cleaning/Laundry tasks, Tidying up, etc
- Prepare Meals, Assist with Eating/Drinking
- Assisting with Medication and associated tasks
- Companionship and encouragement to promote independence
- Monitor Diet (Food/Water intake)
- Provide Dementia/Alzheimer care
- To follow instructions set by Management.
- To assist/prompt service users to complete their daily tasks.
- To act in accordance with the service users’ conditions and requirements.
- To prompt mental/physical wellbeing through regular communication and by encouraging the service user to partake in their hobbies/interests/activities.
- To attend and partake in supervisions and staff meetings.
- To perform all duties stated in the service user’s care plan.
- To report any issues and concerns immediately. This includes keeping Management updated on any significant changes, such as the deterioration of a service user’s health.
- To encourage the service user’s independence, providing support where required.
- To ensure all measures are undertaken in order to prevent any harm/injury to yourself, colleagues and service users through act/omission.
- To incorporate skills and health and safety techniques into practice, acquired from the full, comprehensive training provided to you by the Company.
- To ensure care is taken when using all cleaning and electrical products/equipment.
- Potential starts within one week (pending training, DBS and references)
- Full, free comprehensive training
- Free uniform
- Free PPE
- NVQ Qualifications
- Holiday pay
- Career progression
- Mileage contribution for drivers
- Exceptional support offered from a team of committed individuals
- Monday – Friday - £8.30 per hour
- Saturday – Sunday – £8.80 per hour
- Christmas Day & New Year’s Day - £10.00 per hour
- Plus 30p per call for Drivers.
- Monday – Friday - £8.70 per hour
- Saturday – Sunday - £9.20 per hour
- Plus 30p per call for Drivers.
- A full, clean driving licence is preferred, but not essential.
- Training is compulsory and is provided over the course of 3 working days from 9.30am-5.00pm.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you can read, write and speak in English.
- Flexible shifts available to suit – Part/Full time/Mornings/Evenings/Weekends.
- Our client is looking for both Male and Female care staff.
- You must be punctual.
- Successful applicants are responsible for the cost of the DBS which the Company will process.
- You must be 18+ due to the carrying out of personal care.
PLEASE NOTE: You can choose which area/you wish to work in. Walkers will be given calls which are walking distance from their homes. Our client has positions available full-time / part-time / mornings / evenings / weekends.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.