Commercial Marketing Executive
Do you have a real passion for marketing and media? Are you excited to join a leading company, filled with household names? A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen to work in the award-winning commercial marketing team at the UK's leading media group. Reach PLC are home to the Liverpool Echo and Manchester Evening News, as well as national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express and Daily Star, and magazines including OK!
Reporting to the Head of Marketing for the North, you will work collaboratively with the trade marketing team, as well as local and regional colleagues and stakeholders to maximise commercial opportunities in the North West region.
This position can be based in either our Liverpool or Manchester offices.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, and our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 35 million unique mobile visitors - that's 84% of the entire online mobile population. Each month we attract over 39 million unique visitors, and that makes us the number one news media publisher in the UK. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- Develop and deliver insightful market insight and strategies to the commercial sales function
- Support the commercial sales teams to produce customer-focused sales presentations that position our products and solutions effectively to meet the client's objectives
- Manage and maintain all marketing service tools used by our marketing and commercial sales teams
- Use web analytic tools to champion commercially focused marketing tactics.
- Provide industry and category insight for Marketing and Creative proposals.
- Develop and administer marketing databases.
- Produce monthly reports about industry and core category markets.
- Maintain marketing support material in relation to our industry position.
- Keep up to date with marketing industry trends, product knowledge and new technology.
- Produce effective, timed, and targeted email marketing campaigns, in conjunction with the CRM team.
- To produce promotional marketing materials for trade marketing activity in line with group brand guidelines.
- Be a point of contact in the North West for the group marketing function.
- Support local teams in the execution of the activities and in achieving their sales and budget objectives, while ensuring the desired product benefits and brand values/equity are properly communicated.
- Support the implementation and facilitate the annual commercial marketing plan for Reach Regionals.
The Ideal Candidate
You're a creative, modern thinker who values innovation, and has a positive approach to all things digital. You've got a passion for media and marketing, and a flair for data analytics and digital marketing. You're ahead of the curve when it comes to new digital media and technologies, and you're able to deliver ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable way, whether you're talking with an expert or an absolute newbie. You'll be a well known member of the team, building strong relationships across the business, and with external clients/business partners, your personality precedes you and your joy for what you do is contagious. You've got experience working on commercial projects and have a good understanding of how to collaborate effectively with commercial teams, you're adaptable and ready to work on projects across the country and you're confident and able to get your point across in your project briefing meetings. Basic design experience would be a plus, although it is not essential for the role, and you will also require a driving licence.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.