CNC Milling Setters / Operators
Job Title: CNC Milling Setters/Operators – Days or Night Shift – Full Time
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Carville is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in precision machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications.
We are looking for a skilled CNC Miller able to set and run complex, high precision plastic parts machining. The person needs to be able to work on their own but also play a team role in handing over machines for operators to run to ensure that components are manufactured to the drawing and within tolerance. The setter must also be able to multitask across a number of machines and be proactive to ensure components meet quality requirements.
The position is suitable for someone with a significant track record in CNC milling complex parts, ideally with some experience of plastics. They will be used to supporting others and taking responsibility for the quality of work.
• Setting and running multiple CNC Milling machines (examples below):
o Brother VMC
o Dugard Twin Pallet VMC Dugard 4+1 Axis VMC
o Fanuc Drill Mate
• Liaise with Works Supervisor on timescales, priorities and scheduling jobs.
• Carry out work on individual jobs as required
• Ensure consistent quality of parts produced in your area
• Be proactive in ensuring work has all necessary tooling to avoid downtime
• Reviewing and improving the way jobs are tooled and run
• Ensure all work and raw materials in your area are correctly identified with the relevant paperwork
• Work with QA personnel on addressing any issues and supporting continuous improvement actions.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Apprenticeship or technical qualification such as an HNC/HND or City & Guilds
• Full knowledge of Fanuc and/or Siemens controls
• Setting up fixtures, tooling and programmes
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings
• Very good eye for detail
Nice to have:
• CNC Turning experience
• Experience working with transparent plastics
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV.