Assistant Locality Manager
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme. If you are experienced in supporting people with a wide range of needs, why not take the next step in your career with us?
Outreach 3 Way is part of Dimensions, one of the country's largest not-for-profits supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs. If you share our values, this is a superb opportunity to join us as an Assistant Locality Manager dedicated to a two-person supported living service in Worthing.
Working with the Locality Manager, you will ensure we provide a high quality person centred service to the people we support. You'll help to lead and manage a team of fifteen support workers and undertake a variety of delegated management tasks to be performed during your off-rota time.
An additional allowance of GBP13 per night will be paid for on-call cover.
About the role
- Full-time position - three days off rota; two days on rota delivering direct support
- Working with the Locality Manager and leading by example, to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices, and CQC regulatory requirements
- Building trusted relationships with families and friends
- Working with outside agencies (health professionals, social workers and advocates) to meet the individuals' needs
- Monitoring service budget
- Managing person centred rotas
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of support provision
- Supervising, developing and appraising support staff
- Managing the staff team to ensure consistent implementation of agreed strategies and boundaries
- Have, or be willing to work towards, the Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Standards
- Experience of, and confident in, working with people with a wide range of needs, including complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Knowledge of British Sign Language (Level 1) and/or Makaton, or willingness to learn
- A good communicator, with an assured, calm and clear communication style
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision
- Ideally hold a valid driving licence, though this is not essential
- Well organised, with the ability to retain information, maintain records, prioritise workload, manage own time and meet deadlines
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days' annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme 'Rewarding Dimensions'
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Dee Caulcutt on .
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.