- Located near Stratford International/Zone 2
Unicef ensures more of the world's children are vaccinated, educated and protected than any other organisation. We have done more to influence laws and policies to help protect children than anyone else. We get things done. We'd love for you to be a part of our mission in making sure the world is a safer place for all our children.
The Operations Apprentice supports the Operations Manager and the wider People team in the smooth and efficient delivery of services to ensure that the needs of internal and external customers are met. You will provide administrative support for recruitment, induction, payroll, talent development, and other People related activities within the team.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Customer Service - provide a responsive service that ensures our customers needs are met in a timely way. Respond in a professional manner to queries and challenges that come to the operations team as the first point of contact via email, on skype and in person. Escalate issues where necessary.
• Welcome/Induction - Inform relevant departments (e.g. ICT) of new starters, provide all new starters with key information on People related activities and processes, support the scheduling of mandatory training, deliver induction and respond to any general questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Monthly payroll - ensure that all payroll related information including new starters, leavers, salary changes and adjustments is processed and submitted within the monthly payroll deadline.
• Systems audits and reporting - ensure that the information on all the People systems are audited on a monthly basis to reflect structural changes including job levels and transfers. Run reports from the HR system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Talent Development - support the Business Partner (Talent) and Talent Advisers with ad-hoc support, including course cancellations, invoices, course coordination and course evaluations and providing reports from Moodle (our eLearning platform).
• Project support and administration - support key projects such as annual salary review process, employee benefits review and implementation and transformation projects, for example.
• Ad hoc duties - provide support to the team on other People matters as and when required.
• Efficiency and effectiveness
• Positive Relationships
• Results Focused
• Relevant Experience
• Working in a busy customer focused environment
• Ability to develop understanding and knowledge of systems once training is provided
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word and Excel)
• Five GCSE grades C - A* (or 4-9), including Maths and English
• Good knowledge of IT packages e.g Microsoft Office, Google Docs/Sheets etc.
• Ideal candidates would have 6+ months admin experience
• Excellent pay and benefits (including generous annual leave and pension, retail discounts and wellbeing tools)
• Outstanding training and learning opportunities and that support to flourish in your role
• Impressive open plan office space and facilities
• An open culture and happy workplace with colleagues who share the same values and goals, enjoy their work and are motivated to do their utmost for children.
• The opportunity to work in a leading children's organisation with global reach.
Included in qualification:
- Training on the 15 month Standard Level 3 Business Administrator (BA3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well-being, self-awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Business Administration apprenticeship progress into HR, Recruitment, Sales, Marketing & PR, Real Estate, Personal Assistant, Office Management, Business Management. Most of the above can be completed in a higher-level qualification.