Sandy Mount House is the newest and only 5* plus restaurant, bar with rooms in North Wales. This stunning addition to North wales is looking for a Financial Controller to join our fabulous team.
With great working conditions, bonus scheme and flexible working hours, this could be the ideal opportunity to kick start your career after a break or for the exciting new role you’ve been looking for.
Responsible for the daily and weekly administration of SHM. Reporting to the directors in regard to all financial and accounting activities.
Financial Controller Job Duties:
- Oversee all weekly controls, payments and income
- Create weekly monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts to enable the business to maximise sales and minimise costs
- Manage payroll using appropriate software, including processing payroll, PAYE, NI
- Provide weekly analysis of the payroll expenditure
- Manage cash flow by tracking income and expenditure
- Complete and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Assist in the development of budgets and financial plans for the company based on till reports and available date
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Present monthly reports to the board meeting
- Financial Controller Skills and Qualifications:
Qualification or experience in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in a business or finance environment; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisational skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; computer skills; understanding of data privacy standards.
To apply please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org