Personal Assistant Carer
Personal Assistant/Part-time Live-in Carer Required
To support a 44 year old male electric wheelchair user.
Working 7 days out of 14, one week on and one week off. Food and accommodation are provided during working time.
Duties include all aspects of personal care, assisting with showering, toileting, dressing, eating and drinking. Specifically:
· Toileting – attending upon and cleaning the person after he has used toileting.
· Dealing with incontinence pads.
· Showering and personal hygiene.
· Undressing and dressing.
· Moving the disabled person between his wheelchair into bed, onto the shower chair and onto the toilet chair.
· Feeding, cooking, including purchasing food and drinks.
· Providing company to the disabled person during the day.
· Being available during the night to assist if called.
You will also be required to accompany the gentleman to appointments, sporting/social events and days out as required, shopping, preparing meals, laundry, light cleaning and companionship.
No previous caring experience is necessary, training will be given.
You must be kind, caring, empathetic, trustworthy and able to work on your own initiative witha genuine interest in supporting people. You should be able to provide high quality care, support and possess the motivation to develop trust and understanding within the role.
Full and clean driving licence would be preferable as a vehicle and insurance is provided for your shift.
Due to the nature of the work for which you are applying this post is subject to a satisfactory references and DBS disclosure (costs will be covered).