FINANCIAL DECISION SUPPORT ANALYST
Our client, a global financial services firm is designing a new financial modelling system, which will be used to record, model and forecast asset and fund level activity. They are looking for a Decision Support Analyst to work with fund, portfolio and development managers to model a variety of assumptions and scenarios in order to provide financial insight. This is an initial 12 month contract based in Edinburgh.
- Good understanding of funds and fund modelling
- Ability to manipulate base data and create default scenarios
- A self-motivated and responsible individual capable of taking the initiative and taking ownership of the financial model.
- Strong business acumen as the role is not a purely finance or chartered surveyor role.
- Capable of convincing others to buy into the process and deliver required inputs on time and accurately.
- Responsibility for all financial reporting matters in relation to the relevant funds/mandates
- Model not just fund level assumptions and scenarios but also understand lease, unit, property and development level valuations and modelling.
- Both model the property level assumptions themselves and in some cases get input from the Fund and Portfolio Managers.
- Take ownership for the financial model, obtain input and guidance from the Fund Manager and Development Manager around assumptions and make the necessary updates and adjustments to model the outcomes.
- Interpret, question and challenge the outcomes and present them to the project team and other relevant governance boards.
- Develop a model strategy which works internationally and can be consumed by our clients future modelling tools.
- Keep track of what key assumptions and scenarios are done in what model and archive output from the models to enable back testing etc.
- Modelling (as required) the variety of fund and asset structures that are being considered as part of the project.
- Understand the assumptions that have been made in each property and keep a record of what changes have been made in each model/scenario to ensure the robustness and integrity of the models.
Job reference: 12051
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.