Women4Climate Program Internship with C40 Cities Climate Leader
Women4Climate Program Internship
Salary: London Living Wage (GBP10.55 per hour)
Location: Central London
Hours: Full-time, 35 per week
Start Date: August 2019
Recruitment has opened for a 3-month paid Women4Climate Program Internship with C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group. The successful intern can start as soon as possible, preferably by September 2019, and will be based in our client's London Office.
**Please make sure you submit you CV and Cover Letter as one document**
The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, now in its 14th year, connects 94 of the world's greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. It brings mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities. C40 cities represent more than 700 million urban citizens and their economies account for 25% of the global GDP. C40's 'Deadline 2020' report sets out the critical role that the world's major cities have to play in delivering the historic Paris Agreement to prevent catastrophic climate change.
Women make up more than half the world's population, and although they are often disproportionately impacted by climate change, their voices are not always heard due to lack of inclusion and representation at the decision-making level.
Women leaders played a pivotal role in negotiating the Paris Agreement on climate change in 2015, and will be crucial to its success in the future. Now more than ever, enhancing women's participation and leadership will be critical to securing a healthy, prosperous and sustainable future for us all.
The Women4Climate Initiative focuses on making the case for women leadership in the climate sphere and aims to advance the full participation of women in the fight against climate change within C40 cities by contributing to the emergence of the next generation of women climate leaders. The Initiative is funded byL'Or??al.
The Initiative has four main components:
* A decentralized mentorship program;
* A dedicated research program;
* A Tech Challenge (international competition) open to woman designing innovative, climate-focused tech solutions;
* An annual Women4Climate conference.
The Women4Climate intern will have a particular interest in gender and climate change and will direct this interest to help facilitate the delivery of the Women4Climate Program and support and assist the Women4Climate team with various duties. The intern will have the opportunity to develop skills and understanding in a range of subject areas, gaining valuable experience working with international colleagues in a fast-paced and exciting global organization.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who can handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, such as programme communication, data management, coordination support, and report writing under the supervision of the Women4Climate team.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- Update and manage content on the Women4Climate website W4C.org.
- Participate in the social media content management (planning, drafting, editing).
- Prepare, update and edit the program communication materials (newsletters, presentations, etc.).
- Maintain and update the Women4Climate database.
- Assist the coordination and operation of the 2nd Tech Challenge launch event in October.
- Prepare documentation to support the 2nd edition of the Tech Challenge and general programme support.
- Additional duties as requested.
- Particular interest in gender, sustainability and/or climate change.
- Strong written, conceptual and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Quick learner with ability to take control, work in a fast-passed environment and operate as part of a team.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Strong ICT skills, and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong Social Media skills.
- Strong background in the innovation and startups field will be a plus.
- Interest or experience working across different cultures, languages and time zones.
- Fluent in English.
Application Process Closing Date for Applications
Interested candidates should send their CVs and a covering letter, stating how you meet the criteria, to Cosector. All applications must be received by Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019 by 5.00 pm. CVs that are not accompanied with a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note that Cosector, on behalf of C40, is managing the recruitment for this role. Please do not contact C40 directly; all enquiries must come through the Cosector internships team. Any applications sent to C40 directly will not be accepted.
We welcome applications from all individuals.
All appointments will be based on merit.