Female Support Worker
1 day left
- Full Time
Female Support Worker - New Haw
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Hours Per Week: 37.5
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Our service team in New Haw & Addlestone, Surrey is looking for enthusiastic and passionate Support Workers to join them on a part time or full time permanent basis due to an expansion of the team due to business growth.
Your role will be to provide personal care support to people with a learning disability across our registered residential service. This will include intimate personal care and daily duties include assisting with cooking, cleaning, shopping and supporting with personal care needs.
This is a challenging role but very rewarding for the right person.
The shift times vary and are planned on a rota basis. Shifts are planned over 7 days and can include weekends and public holidays. Sleep in shifts can also be a requirement subject to service needs however an additional payment will be made for these shifts.
A full driving license is desirable but not essential.
You will need to be a positive and proactive natural enabler who is committed and passionate about changing the lives of people with a learning disability. This is a great time to join our small team as you will be welcomed into the team and offered excellent support and guidance from the service manager.
Experience within the care sector is an advantage but not a necessity as we look for people with transferable skills and who demonstrate our Mencap values.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract