1 day left
- Full Time
Support Worker - Egham
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Hours Per Week: 37.5
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Thanks to the ongoing success of the current service, we are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated Support Workers to join our team in Egham, to support 7 people whom have a learning disability. We are looking for vibrant, caring and honest individuals who will help our individuals live the life they choose.
We are looking for full and part-time support workers. Shifts are rota based and will be spread across morning, afternoons, evening and include sleep ins. Flexibility is important as all our shifts will be spread across the weekdays and weekends.
As a Support Worker some of things you will be involved with include:
- Giving the people we support person-centred support in doing the things they love, and in making choices and decisions.
- Supporting S.H in preparing and eating meals
- Encouraging the people within the service to try new things, to grow and develop to their full potential
- Supporting P.M with washing, finances and medication
- Supporting J.S with aspects of personal care
Some things that are particularly important to the people we support include a wide range of treats and activities. For example, G.B feels that his black coffee and an occasional tia maria and coke is important to him – who doesn’t enjoy a nightcap? Both J.C and L.H love to hang out with the people we support at the home – there’s a real sense of friendship at the service, something that’s particularly important to both the staff and the people we support.
All you’ll need to have is a positive attitude and a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. If you support the people we care for, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate which will be paid for by Mencap - (terms and conditions apply)
Job ID: 16765
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract