Laboratory Technician Apprentice
Laboratory Technician Apprentice
Permanent – 37.5 hours per week (includes day release at college)
Our client’s Production Team creates 3,000 lifechanging medicines for patients in hospitals who have cancer, chronic illnesses or are in need of pain relief, every single day.
Their team have a very important job to play and they are very excited to be able to offer 4 apprenticeships starting in September 2019 for 24 to 30 months in partnership with Wiltshire College.
The successful candidate should have GCSE A-C/9-4 in Maths, English and Sciences. The Laboratory Technician Apprentice will be working towards a Level 3 BTEC Certificate in Applied Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities.
This is a superb opportunity to develop and progress your career. Throughout your apprenticeship, you will get exposure to different departments across the business.
They are looking for a well-motivated, enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work under pressure in this fast-paced environment and contribute to their continuing growth. You must have a can-do attitude with good attention to detail, be able to listen and follow precise written and oral instructions in a methodical and organised manner. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up commercial aseptic manufacture in the UK and is the only independent company specialising in the sector.
You will join their friendly, dynamic team in the expansion of their capacity and capability to deliver their products to hospitals and patients’ homes across the UK and beyond.
What you will do
As a Laboratory Technician you will work as part of a team involved in the analysis of Pharmaceuticals – primarily microbiological techniques. Activities will include, but are not exclusive to:
- Undertake routine environmental monitoring including temperature, pressure, particulate and microbiological contamination. To report (on relevant form) any results which are outside the stated limits and participate in the immediate corrective actions, causes and preventative measures.
- Complete a variety of tests on microorganisms in order to confirm their identity.
- Raising and investigating out of specification reports.
- Ensure stocks of materials and consumables are maintained at stated levels. Generate orders, receive and check off deliveries.
- Ensure that all facilities and equipment are kept clean and tidy. Recognise and report potential problems. To maintain personal hygiene in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Perform validation of equipment and be involved in the generation of validation documentation.
- Maintenance of filing of all relevant records, reports and other documentation associated with QC, record any anomalies and report appropriately.
Life at the company
Their team have a very important job to do and the company enjoys rewarding their apprentices. When you join you will receive £7.37 per hour, free breakfast, coffee, tea and fruit, a generous pension scheme, free outside gym and circuit training and what makes them really stand out, once you’ve passed probation you will receive a quarterly bonus.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV.
Closing date for applications is – Friday 9th August 2019. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21st August 2019. You will be contacted by Tuesday 13th August 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.