4 days left
- Full Time
Support Worker, Frinton-on-Sea, Essex
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Advertising End Date: 28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
We are currently looking looking for one full time support worker to work 37.5hrs a week in Frinton-On-Sea. Our team are supporting a unique group of 5 adults who have a learning disability. We have various hours available for the right candidates. You will be required to work in other local services also, so there will be plenty of variety.
Everyone has their own requirements but the type of support you will provide would be around administering medication, helping with personal care and offering support with cooking healthy meals.
Being a support worker isn’t just about making day to day life good, it’s about creating days that are spectacular! Each day will be different but on a spectacular day you could be helping one of the people we support make models out of small pieces of wood, or visiting Ipswich Town FC or even visiting a fire station and meeting a fireman.
Supporting someone with their daily life is not a 9-5 job. You will need to be able to work across a range of different days and shift patterns, including some sleep in shifts. We realise that your quality time is important too, so your rota is prepared well in advance –Got a request, something special going on? Your manager will certainly try to help you meet it.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply).
Job reference: 16858
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract