Female Support Worker
Female Support Worker - Clacton-On-Sea
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Advertising End Date: 28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week: 37.5
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
We are looking for positive, compassionate and caring Support Workers to join our Clacton-On-Sea service where we support four ladies who have a learning disability.
We have various part-time hours available.
Everyone has their own requirements but the type of support you will provide would be around administering medication, helping with personal care and offering support with cooking healthy meals. Being a Support Worker means that you also get to create some fantastic memories and take part in the fun! Some of the activities you could be doing is helping one of our ladies secure her dream job, going to visit pubs or even going shopping.
If you are up for a challenge, then this service is the service for you as one day is never the same as the next day due to the complex needs of the service. Have a look at the additional information attached created by the ladies that we support in this Service. This will give you an idea of what the people we support want from you.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week and weekend, including mornings (ideal for you early risers!), evenings and Sleep-ins (Payment for sleep ins is competitive and compliant with National Living Wage requirements).
The role of a Support Worker can be very challenging at times so it is essential to have a positive mind-set with a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. You will need to be quick thinking with a positive can do attitude.
In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us!
This position is based in Clacton On-Sea with good public transport links so therefore driving isn’t required, but would be beneficial. Applications from drivers is preferred but not essential.
An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply).
Due to the nature of this service we are looking for female only applicants. This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1.
Job Ref: 16961
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract