Day Support Worker - Various Hours
1 day left
- Full Time
Day Support Worker- Various Hours - Witham
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Advertising End Date: 28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Do you want to make a positive difference to people’s lives?
We are looking to recruit four passionate Support Worker’s to join our dedicated team of support staff across the Witham area. We are currently offering full time and part time roles, so there are various hours available to join us in any of our residential and supported living services, which are home to people with a learning disability.
The individuals in the service require support with their medication, personal care, updating care plans, and daily living tasks- although they like to be as independent as possible!
The people within the service have a busy schedule and love to be out and about but will require support when going out in the community. The adults we support enjoy a variety of hobbies which include, bowling, shopping, visiting the cinema, having day trips to London, visiting music shows and attending discos.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service, as you may be required to work a variety of different shifts throughout the week, including mornings (ideal for you early risers) afternoons and evenings.
The role of a Support Worker can be very emotionally challenging at times so it is essential to have a positive mind-set with a desire to improve the lives of those with a learning disability. You will need to be quick thinking with a positive can do attitude.
In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us! Driving is desirable for this role. However, not essential as we are central to public transport.
Within the additional information section, we have included profiles for some of the services you may work across. This will give you a better understanding of the role requirements.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate.
Job reference: 16861
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract