Business Development Manager
Leading Pharmaceutical Developer requires a Business Development Manager.
About the role:
To increase revenue of the business by finding clients, developing relationships and closing business. It includes assisting the review and negotiation of all legal paperwork, assisting in marketing activities and reporting activities.
Duties may include:
- Take a leading role in BD/sales activities to include international travel (EU and USA primarily), enhance consultative relationships with potential clients and manage the processing of potential clients from lead generation to project signature; measuring/tracking and reporting results
- Manage current clients to ensure continuing smooth running of studies and problem-solve issues when they arise. Seek further business from current clients.
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the brand and visibility through all touch points. Distributing content through these and seek new opportunities to expand the company presence.
- Assist with legal review, negotiation and management of contractual and licensing paperwork that is required to support BD activities and outsourcing. Be the point of contact should a breach of contract occur and assist in calculating and recovering damages where they are due arguing for, or defending the company's position to clients
- Assisting in generation of revenue forecasting and reporting this to the board as well as regular reports and stats on client breakdown, revenue streams. Report status on proposals and contracts.
- Staying up to date on value proposition to the market, changes within regulatory affairs, scientific breakthroughs and competitors to allow new markets and opportunities to be identified
- To perform any other appropriate tasks at the request of the management that does not often fit within other department's briefs.
Skills and experience:
- Some experience within the pharmaceutical or contract research industry is a significant advantage
- Some sales/commercial experience within the contract research industry is an advantage
- Experience taking a leading BD/ consultative sales role including lead generation, meeting and closure
- Desire to work and travel internationally (mainly Europe/USA) is essential.
- Contract review and negotiation experience is an advantage
- Working in a fast paced, customer orientated environment
- Life science degree minimum, higher degree or equivalent experience an advantage. Significant experience in life sciences in -lieu of a science degree.
- Sales and/or contractual education or experience is an advantage
- Strong communication skills across different cultures to an international client base.
- Strong ability to persuade, influence and negotiate
- Broad scientific knowledge, especially of the drug development process.
- Ability to use initiative and think on your feet
- Ability to work flexibly and deliver results in a very busy environment
- Good organisational skills, ability to prioritise and balance internal and external stakeholder expectations