Artworker & Printer Operator
Gx Glass is a manufacturer, supplier, and installer of bespoke interior glass for the commercial and contract interiors industry based in Lympne in Kent. The company is seeking an artworker and printer operator with CAD experience to join their production team and operate their digital ceramic printer. The ideal candidate will have varied experience within production including art working and print Operation.
The role will report to the Production Supervisor and work closely with the Production Manager and Production Scheduler. Their responsibilities include:
- Creating, retouching, and manipulating artwork for digitally printed artwork projects and ensuring that they are manufactured on time in accordance to customer specification and quality requirements.
- Creating and ensuring that CAD drawings are correct for manufacturing across our range of glass processing machines.
- Operation of our digital glass printer as and when required.
- Working in the factory as a general hand as and when required on other machines.
The company will introduce you to all its print and production requirements as well as glass handling; you will be overseen by the Production Manager and assessed at regular intervals.
- Ensuring adherence to all quality control processes & procedure.
- Run all printer tests and daily routines as require keeping the printer in peak operational performance.
- Maintain the clean room with a daily and weekly cleaning regime.
- Ensure all procedures surrounding the operation of the printer are adhered to.
- Implementing any maintenance checks required and reporting any anomalies to the production supervisor.
- Liaison with the printer manufacturer for training, development and problem solving.
- Ensure all materials required are ordered on time.
- Ensure all products, materials and waste are clearly identified and labelled.
- Monitor and record information related to production such as manufacturing time and waste.
- Maximising efficiencies through accurate machine setup and correct operation.
Experience and Skills:
- Ideally have relevant professional institute qualification or experience
- Able to demonstrate, through qualifications, hobbies, interests or any projects they have been involved with, that clearly imply they are suitable for this position
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
- A high standard of numeracy, logical with good attention to detail.
- Proficient in CAD and Adobe Packages - specifically Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A good understanding of RIP software and digital print processes (Caldera).
- An interest in design and design process.
- Good knowledge of print management.
- Must have a professional manner and the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally with politeness and subject matter authority.
- Possess an understanding of production planning and scheduling.
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to the role, and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Be solutions focussed and adept at problem solving.
- Be personally energetic, positive, and enthusiastic.
- Possess initiative, the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
- Be comfortable dealing with and efficient in processing paperwork.
- Willingness to travel if required &valid passport (training may be required in Spain)
- A full, clean driving licence
- Salary is competitive and dependent on experience
- Full Time - working Hours: 7.30am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 6 Month probation period
- Based in Lympne, Kent
- Holiday: 22 days (exclusive of public and bank holidays) of which 5 days must be set aside for our Christmas closure, however printer operator will be required to run printer over Christmas to a pre-agreed maintenance schedule.