Compliance and Risk Manager
This is a great opportunity for a passionate Compliance and Risk Manager to join our ambitious firm in a position that will enable you to play a vital role in continuing our firm’s success.
Working closely with our Compliance and Risk Partner, you will provide support on all compliance and regulatory matters, ensuring that Bishop Fleming meets the required regulatory requirements and maintains our necessary quality standards.
Recognised as a 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Company to work for, Bishop Fleming’s core values are built around providing our staff with a great environment to work in and giving our clients an outstanding level of service. We are an expanding firm that is demonstrating excellent year on year growth with over 350 staff based across 7 offices.
This is a varied role where no two days are the same! Splitting your time between working on day to day tasks and firm wide projects, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Compliance & Risk partner with the ongoing process of preparing for, dealing with and review of Practice Assurance visits.
- Providing expert knowledge on GDPR requirements. This will include supporting the Compliance and Risk Partner in dealing with any breaches, process mapping and the updating of any policies and procedures.
- To maintain and oversee compliance of anti-money laundering regulations by responding to employee queries, providing any necessary training and support and monitoring on-going adherence by conducting sample testing of set up procedures.
- Managing the ongoing review and updating of standard documents ensuring that any changes are cascaded to managers and their teams as required.
- Performing, maintaining and monitoring the staff DBS checks.
- Working on ad hoc projects throughout the year such as Business Continuity, Risk Management, client money and DPB compliance.
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- Experience of Compliance and Risk Management ideally gained from within an accountancy or financial services environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to respond to issues quickly and calmly.
- A proactive approach to work with strong prioritisation skills.
e welcome applications from candidates looking for either Full or Part Time hours.
We are a responsible employer - committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our ‘One Firm’ approach aims to provide a culture where our people are valued and treated fairly with respect, but also one where our differences are understood and celebrated.
We hope that these objectives will attract you to our firm as an employer of choice.