Administrator and Receptionist
The Association of British Dispensing Opticians (ABDO) are looking for an administrator/receptionist for their National Resource Centre based in Aston, Birmingham.
The centre is used as both an examination and education centre for ABDO as well as hired out to external clients as a conference venue for them to hold their own training and events.
To be successful in this role, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, customer service, and competent in Microsoft Office such as Word and Excel.
Prior experience as a receptionist and administration skills are desired.
Duties will include:
- Delivering outstanding customer service to all our visitors and clients
- Greeting visitors to the facility warmly and offering them immediate assistance
- Signing in visitors and supplying them with visitor's badges
- Completing administration tasks relating to exams and NRC business as requested
- Representing ABDO with a positive attitude and professional appearance
- Knowledgeable about products or services offered by ABDO
- Arranging catering for events and general provisions for the NRC
- Supporting optical clinics with patient organisation and recruitment.
- Awareness of usage and bookings of the NRC
- Maintaining front door security and reporting any suspicious activity
- Carrying out general administrative duties
- Cleaning, organising, and maintaining the reception areas
The above list is a purely a summary of the duties and is not exhaustive. The post holder will be part of a small team and be expected to work in conjunction with that team for the needs of the business.
Experience and skills required:
- Friendly, caring and professional attitude
- Creative and dynamic thinking
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Highly organised with attention to detail and accuracy
- To be competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Experienced in the provision of customer service
- Charismatic with the ability to build good rapport with all visitors
- Team player and self-motivated
- Be flexible with work hours – 35 hrs per week basic 9-5pm. However, due to the nature of our business, flexibility will be required to cover events earlier or later in the day.
What’s on offer:
- Competitive salary of £18,000 per annum
- A highly rewarding, fun and varied position
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension
- Free onsite Parking
Apply for Administrator and Receptionist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly