Customer Service Advisor
With an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Customer Contact Team, this is your chance to join the UK's largest news publisher, encompassing an award winning portfolio of 5 national titles, 130 regional titles and over 500 digital products.
If you have a real passion for delivering excellent customer service this could be the role for you....
Our national Customer Contact Team serves our customers throughout England, Wales and Scotland who are placing family announcements and items for sale within our classified advertising pages and on our leading announcements site . Our team serves newspaper sales customers in relation to general enquiries, cancellations and new subscriptions. We also serve customers placing public notices, such as councils, advertising agencies and businesses. Therefore the ability to deal with a wide range of calls and enquiries is essential.
IMPORTANT: Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an assessment day on Tuesday 6th August or Thursday 8th August.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- React promptly to all incoming calls with a polite and professional manner, with the ability to show empathy and adhere to the pattern of the sale throughout.
- To demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Maximise on all sales opportunities for both advertising and newspaper sales.
- Complete all outbound calls as requested by manager, to maximise on newspaper sales renewals, debt management and Direct Debit conversions.
- Subscribing new customers and renewing existing customer subscriptions.
- Dealing with cancellation calls and where possible retaining customers.
- Responding to emails, quoting customers and arranging proofs prior to insertion.
- Use relevant computer programs to adhere to the requirements of the role.
- Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Cooperate with supervisors and managers to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of yourself and others.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for positive, enthusiastic individuals with exceptional people skills and the ability to deal with a wide range of customers. Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle objections effectively will help you to succeed in this role. You must be comfortable working in a KPI-driven environment, working towards set targets and objectives. Excellent spelling and grammar is essential as is the ability to display excellent attention to detail.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at