Hair Stylist - Digital
We are looking for inventive Hair Stylist to help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the Hair Styling of Online Shoots. Being a fashion-forward thinker you must understand and maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
- To maintain and encourage a positive 'can do' atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Flexible and strong 'all-rounder' qualities.
- Attention to detail is crucial, maintaining a very high quality of imagery across the board is essential.
- Working simultaneously across 2-3 fashion sets per day.
- Obtain a wide variety of styling techniques.
- To ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with Photographer, Stylist and Stylist Assistant to produce imagery in line with the Selfridges style guides.
- Strong awareness, eye and knowledge for trends and how these can be interpreted through the Selfridges Creative vision, producing new ideas in line with alternate brands' aesthetic.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
- Working with Assistant Online Styling Manager on the update of Selfridges Hair style guides
- Maintain efficiencies within the studios.
- Responsible for briefing and leading freelance members of the team on best daily practice.
- Work continuously with peers to implement changes in order to improve studio efficiencies or shoot imagery.
- Able to troubleshoot and show initiative through a back catalogue of knowledge.
- Confident in decision making where necessary.
- Maintain a tidy and workable area, ensuring at the end of the day it is clear and ready for the following days shoot.
- Mentor junior members of the team, aiding in their progress and development.
- Work efficiently and develop cross departmental relationships.
- Lead and inspire, living the Selfridges values.
The Ideal Candidate
This role requires a person with excellent hair styling technique and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- 2/3 years hair styling experience
- Salon and editorial session experience is a must
- BTEC National Diploma Hair Level 2
- Good communication skills and able to give and take direction
- Strong fashion and trend knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active 'can do' attitude
- Manual handling
- Good time management within a busy and pressured environment
NB. A portfolio of creative work will be required on application.
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges - from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Your Career At Selfridges
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world's most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the 'World's Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store' at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work