Sr Change Management Specialist
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world's leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2018, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 4000 shops and 249,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The IT Change Management Specialist will play a key role in helping IT Modernization Roadmap projects (change initiatives) meet business, schedule and budget objectives. This person will focus on the people side of change - including changes to business processes, systems and technology. The primary focus will be creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. The Change Management Specialist will work to drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in the organization such that business results are achieved.
While the IT Change Management Specialist does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work though many others in the organization to succeed. The IT Change Management Specialist will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The IT Change Management Specialist will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans. Finally, the IT Change Management Specialist may provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitioning to the new IT systems.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Apply TJX change management approach and methodology in support of the IT system implementations.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Conduct readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Develop a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Be an active and visible coach to executive leaders who are change sponsors of the system implementation.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes related to the IT system
- Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions
- Create and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Work with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
- Work with communication, training, and HR in the formulation of particular plans and activities to support project implementation.
Skills and qualifications:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies.
- Experience of Organisational change management - OCM / Business change management - BCM
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Experience of working wihtin an Agile /span>
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Previous change management experience is a plus.
- Flexibility for travel within the UK and US within this role is key
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.