- Full Time
Location: Park Royal
North West London
About the role
As a Babcock Recovery Driver you will provide a reliable, efficient and courteous vehicle recovery and delivery service to our customer; the Metropolitan Police Service. Operating a flatbed recovery vehicle, you will collect and deliver a range of vehicles to police stations, Babcock workshops, external dealerships and other locations across the London network, in line with the contracts KPI's. You will promote our company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with company ethos and adhere to the Group health & safety policy at all times.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide a prompt, professional and efficient vehicle recovery and delivery service that delivers customer satisfaction in line with Company KPI's and standards.
- Using recovery and slide back duties when tasked, ensure vehicles are available for use in the correct locations determined by customer
- Ensure due regard to the Road Traffic Act and Company Procedures and immediately notify of any pending endorsements or prosecutions against your licence
- Ensure vehicles are collected and delivered on time and presented to a standard acceptable to the customer
- Complete all paperwork and processes accurately and thoroughly in line with Company requirements
- Carefully observe Company procedures regarding accidents and insurance claims and to report any accidents or other occurrence relating to the customer's vehicle without delay
- Remain mobile and in constant communication with the office/Driver Controller
What do I need to do the role?
- Good verbal communication and inter-personal skills both face to face and on telephone
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise/able to work well under pressure
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and the Road Traffic Act
- Good knowledge of the London area and boroughs
- Understand Tachograph and Working Time Directive
- Minimum 2 Years' experience as a HGV Recovery driver
- Excellent Knowledge of using Flatbed Recovery Trucks
- Full C+E license with no previous disqualifications from driving (DR, CD, DD, IN OR TT99 endorsements will not be accepted)
- Be in possession of a Driver Qualification Card having completed 35 hours CPC training
What else do I need to know?
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
We are committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You will benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.