6 days left
- Full Time
Permanent | 37 hours per week
Together Housing is a leading social housing association in the North of England, maintaining over 37,000 homes, and actively improving the lives of over 50,000 people. We are currently enjoying a period of sustained expansion and continually striving to improve ourselves.
Together Housing is committed to providing first rate homes to all of our customers, and we are committed to ensuring they are as safe as possible for everyone. To this end, we are currently recruiting new Gas Technicians to join an ever expanding team of repair & maintenance specialists’.
This role will be based from Wakefield, Yorkshire and you will be responsible for the safe usage of any materials and equipment in compliance with all legislation. You will be working with cross-functionality within the wider group. Therefore you will be working with repairs, preventative maintenance, upgrades, as well as the empty homes team.
Here at Together Housing, we have an ethos of “Right First Time” so you will be expected to complete a repair where possible on the first visit, so you will also be doing root cause fault finding on repairs.
In order to be successful as Gas Technician, based in Wakefield, Yorkshire you would require the following key skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience of installation, fault finding and servicing on domestic gas appliances and central heating systems
- Experience of working competently in all disciplines normally expected of a qualified gas technician
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment
- You should be able to have a basic knowledge & be able to use IT / Mobile Phones
You will require City & Guilds craft certificate in gas maintenance or equivalent (NVQ 3) and current ACS accreditations.
Due to the nature of the role, you will require a full driving license and sit a driving assessment before using a company van.
In return we can offer you a great set of benefits which includes;
- 27 days holiday (rising to 32 over 5 years service) + bank holidays
- A great flexible working environment, with a range of family friendly policies
- Great new comfortable and modern offices
- A huge scope of personal development opportunities
- A very attractive pension scheme & healthcare benefits as well
- For the more active minded we also offer a “cycle to work” scheme
The closing date for applications is the 22nd July, with interviews being held on week commencing the 29th July in Wakefield.
Complete the online application form by clicking apply now or alternatively email your CV & a Covering Letter to email@example.com and please ensure you download a copy of the Job Description from the top of the page & ensure your CV matches the requirements of the role.
Together Housing is dedicated to ensuring that the principles and duties of safeguarding both adults and children are holistically, consistently and conscientiously applied with the wellbeing of all in mind.
Together Housing Group is an Investor in People organisation