Are you a highly-organised and diligent Secretary with experience in a professional services environment? Are you looking to take on a rewarding role with a leading legal firm? If so, Withers & Rogers want to hear from you.
As a Patent Secretary, you will provide full secretarial, PA and administrative support to an Attorney within our Advanced Engineering group.
In this key role, you will:
- Prepare official forms for UK, European and International Patent applications and some foreign patent applications
- Screen telephone calls and enquiries
- Transcribe audio to support the creation of letters, patent specifications and claims sections
- Organise diaries and prioritise appointments
- Arrange both UK and overseas travel
- Maintain and submit expenses
To join us as a Patent Secretary, you will need:
- At least two years’ secretarial experience, gained in a professional services firm
- Previous experience of multi-tasking and forward-planning
- A track record of generating standard procedures and templates for repeat tasks
- Experience of communicating effectively with staff of all levels and clients
- The ability to manage Attorney’s emails, judge their urgency and action as required
- A proactive approach to work and the ability to think on your feet
Ideally, you will have strong experience of providing dedicated secretarial and administrative support to an individual or a group of professionals.
Other organisations may call this role Patent Secretary, Patent Administrator, Legal Secretary, Team Patent Secretary, Legal Administrator, Patent Services Co-ordinator, Patent PA, IP Formalities Administrator, or IP Formalities Secretary.
With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms.
Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
- Competitive salary
- Join a growing, vibrant office with excellent transport links
- Enhance your experience with a leading firm that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- The chance to learn from senior members of the firm and increase your patent knowledge
- Positive and welcoming work environment
- Flexible working
- The chance to buy up to an extra five days’ holiday
You will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running, rise to new challenges and succeed in your role.
Webrecruit and Withers & Rogers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applications for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are an organised and proactive Patent Secretary, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.