This is a great opportunity for an experienced UI Designer to join a well-established, highly respected and fast-growing marketing agency based in Chester. As UI Designer you will be an integral part of the company enabling us to deliver successful ecommerce projects for our clients, whether that's delivering a new website, or making continuous improvements to an existing site. As UI Designer you will have experience in a similar role either agency or client side. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate UI Designer looking for their next move to join a forward thinking and evolving organisation whereby you can have a real impact on the future growth of the business. Our client is offering a great starting salary, flexitime, home based working if required and a competitive benefits package.
We're on the look-out for an experienced, middleweight Web/UI Designer. Web/UI design is central to our offering, enabling us to deliver successful ecommerce projects for our clients, whether that's delivering a new website, or making continuous improvements to an existing site.
We're looking for someone with a great understanding of ecommerce, able to focus on user needs to
create a design solution that fits perfectly. This is a full-time, permanent role based either at our Cheshire office or remote.
We're looking for a dynamic addition to our UX team, covering the following areas:
- Understanding user journeys/stories and taking these into responsive ecommerce UI designs
- Presenting designs to clients
- Briefing designs to the development team and working with them to bring these to life
- Updating JIRA, our issue management system
Please note that this is a Web/UI Designer role, not a front end development role.
What experience will you have?
We're looking for someone with an excellent all-round knowledge of Web/UI design in the world of
ecommerce. Knowledge of ecommerce platforms would be beneficial, though technical knowledge is
not required. You'll have experience of working in a fast-paced environment, and be used to working
with anything that can be thrown at you during the day. You'll be passionate about delivering an
outstanding service and quality solutions at all times.
Proven experience as a Web/UI Designer and a great portfolio to present to us Creative thinking and problem solving
- Great communication skills
- Flexible approach to ways of working
- Proactive approach
- Deadline hitter
- Team player
- High level of commercial awareness
- Bags of confidence and initiative
- Experience of using Sketch and/or Photoshop, plus Invision, Zeplin or similar
Experience of writing user stories would be beneficial, although this is not essential.
What goodies will you get?
- Unlimited opportunity, with the chance to really excel at your role
- Vibrant team who will help and support you
- Inspirational working environment
- Flexible working arrangements - flexi time to work hours to suit you and the opportunity to
- work from home
- Sh*t Happens Days' - to cover those days when things happen that mean you can't come to
- Free parking
- Childcare vouchers
- Team building activities
- Getting out as a team, whether it's for a Christmas party or out for a curry